Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A time to plant, a time to harvest

Dear Friends,

Some of you have expressed concern that I sound too pessimistic here. Thank you for bringing my attention to it, but I assure you that I'm not on the verge of depression. I simply find blogging to be a good release for thoughts that do not fit well into everyday conversation. Imagine when you are talking about the rising prices of soy sauce (or mozzarella), the other person says: "Touching multiple worlds can be a source of existential angst." Instead I say: "Soy sauce on mozzarella may be good." And I leave the former contemplation for here.

But at times when I am anxious, I give a special shout out to the old and new friends who have remained so faithful through my emotional rollercoasters. You dusted me off time and again as I tripped over the same rocks (that I put there myself). When I grumbled over the same things (ones that I do), you are as patient as hearing it for the first time. Thank Allah/Buddha/Supreme Being(s)/polytheistic gods for you.

Love,
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment